What to pack when travelling on a plane.
It’s that time of year again, and the airlines are starting to demand a little more from their customers. In order to have a successful travel experience, you need to pack for your trip with a carry-on bag.
Before we talk about what to pack, let's talk about how.
What are the best ways to pack for your travel trip
1) Try to pack light; lighten up on what you bring by packing less clothing and heavier objects such as books, accessories, etc. This will help save weight on your luggage while also allowing you more space inside the bag(s).
2) Take advantage of packing cubes which can help organize everything inside the bag(s). These cubes can be bought at most travel stores or online retailers like Amazon. After Story also has some available.
Choose Your Travel Bag
One of the most important things to consider when packing for your trip is the type of travel bag you're using. There are many different types of bags available on the market, and it's important to choose the one that will fit all of your belongings comfortably. In this case we are only going to talk about travelling by plane, choose a travel bag that is designed for this type of transportation. If you're driving, however, look for a different type of bag that will fit better in your carseat or trunk.
Get Your luggage ready for travel
Once you've decided on the type of bag you'll be using, it's time to get started on packing it! In order to make sure everything will be where it needs to be at every step of the way, start by filling out a packing list and arranging your belongings according to how often they'll be used. Once you have an idea of what will need to go where each time you're travelling, start organizing everything by category and then by room in your house or apartment. Once everything is organized and ready for travel, it's time to get armed with some packing supplies and head out into the world!
Tips to Successfully Pack with out Damaging Items during Transit.
When packing your bag think about what is fragile.
Is it small? Shove it in a shoe.
Is it flat? Put it inside a shirt then put it on the backside where it's most flat.
Is it round? Wrap it between clothes and put socks inside it.
Treat your clothing like bubblewrap but double up on layers. When you shake your bag, make sure your can't hear anything.
Use a Luggage Organizer to Make Your Life Easier
If you don't have time to carry everything yourself, consider using a luggage organizer to help pile everything neatly into your carry-on bag. This will make packing and unpacking much easier and save you time in the long run.
Don't overpack your bag in order to fit everything that you might need on your trip. Instead, focus on packing essentials like clothes, toiletries, food, and snacks that will last throughout the entire journey. By packing lightly and wisely, you'll be able to enjoy your travels while still having room for other things down the road.
How to Get the Most Out of your Next Trip.
A carry-on bag is a bag that you bring with you on your flight.
The benefits of using a carry-on bag is:
- You can save money by not having to buy a checked baggage ticket.
- There is no waiting at check-in lines or waiting at the carousel to collect your luggage at the end of the flight.
- You always have access to all of your stuff.
- You don't risk the airline losing your luggage.
Make the Most of Your Next Trip by Packing Your Bag Properly
When packing for your next trip, make sure to pack properly and choose the right size and weight of your carry-on bag. Try to pack as much as possible within the dimensions of your carry-on bag so that it falls within the allowed restrictions for travel with the airline you are travelling with.
We love the After Story Florence bag because it fits within the size dimensions of most airline carriers and it has a suitcase handle pocket so you can comfortably hold your carry-on suitcase and handbag with one hand. The expandable zipper means you can pack more stuff doesn't hurt too. There is a easily accessible pocket for your phone and passport, perfect when your on the go.
How to Pack for Your Next Trip.
The right items to pack for your next travel trip is important so do you don't end up overpacking. To make packing the perfect trip easier, we have complied a list of what we packed and why you need it.
We have done extensive travel over the years; backpacking, luxury travel and as a family so we know what's important and what not to worry about - so you know you don't need it.
Essential items you need to pack for your trip
- Pen: there is always a form to fill out
- Driver's license: if your going to R21 places or going to driver a vehicle - this can include scooters/mopeds)
- Snacks: we stick with healthy snacks because your going to need the immunity to avoid getting sick on your trip. If you have an appetite, cup noodles are great too. The airline hostess will be able to provide the hot water.
- Water bottle: make sure it's empty. You can refill it once you get past security.
- Spare clothes: have a warm outfit ready and easily accessible, you never know what might happen. We like to pack merino because its great for hot and cold climates
- Medical Supplies: don't bring all of it, 2 plasters, pain killers and antiseptic is all you need. side note: antiseptic is great for sunburn and mosquito bites.
- Jet lag pills: We use Blackmores nausea pills which is not actually labelled for jet lag but it works better than jet lag pills and your get more in the packet.
- Compression bags: These worked a treat to pack more, After Story has compression bags that fit perfectly in their Florence bag.
Bring Your Phone and Tablet
If you want to stay connected while traveling, bring along your phone and tablet with you. There is always a place to connect you to the world now.
After Story's London bag fits the electronics in a nice sleek bag. We like that is can worn in different ways so you can use it as your essential handbag too.
Tips for packing for your next trip.
Packing your Electronics in a Secure Place
Keep your electronics safe and secure when packing for your next trip. Store them in a secure place, such as a safe deposit box or the back of a closet. Never put valuable electronics in the carry-on bag—they may be damaged during transport or lost if you don’t return to retrieve them.
How to Pack your Bag
Don't Overpack - Item's you don't need
You don't need everything.
Pack your clothing by outfit then fold it in a straight line so all the clothes are the same width then roll it up tight to make more space. On my backpacking trip, I had a 55L backpack and because of the way I packed it, I ended up with 30kg on my back by the end of the trip.
You don't need skincare or medicine (unless you use it everyday). There is plenty of places to get it when your there and also the climate will be different so what you use at home won't be so effective where your going.
When packing for your next trip, make sure to pack the right items and pre-pack food and a empty water bottle. Additionally, consider packing your phone and tablet in a secure place so you don't have to worry about it getting lost during your trip.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Follow us for more tips and to see our adventure @afterstory.co